At West Valley School District, we know that communication is key for our staff, families, and community. Our goal is to provide relevant information in a timely manner. We are committed to open communication for the betterment of our students and our community.
For more information about the West Valley School District's Department of Communications, or to provide information about a potential story or district event, please contact our Director of Communications, Amy Forrest at 509-972-5890.
If you need to talk to someone in Spanish, please dial this number: (509) 972-5875
Si necesita hablar en español, llame a este número: (509) 972-5875
Keep up to date
There are several tools to stay up to date on District Activities!
Sign up for one or all of the tools below.
West Valley Connection
A monthly email about happenings in and around WVSD.
If you would like to receive emails regarding school delays, school closures, and other important information, click here to Sign Up for Flash Alert and create an account for yourself in the regional “Flash Alert” system:
- Once you have created an account, you can download the FLASH ALERT APP and login to set up alerts. Please note that phone manufacturers have different processes to set up alerts in apps. Please refer to the user manual that came with your phone to set this up.
- If you have difficulty creating an account, please feel free to contact the IT Department: (509) 972-6020
Skyward Family Access allows you to stay up to date on your student’s classes, teachers, assignments, grades, attendance, fees, necessary paperwork, and other related materials.
Family Access is a web-based tool provided to you by the District at no cost to connect you, the parent, to your child's school experience. As a web-based program it is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It is password protected for your security, and it includes grades, attendance, activities, report cards, fees, registration information, schedules, and other important information. WVSD uses Family Access extensively to keep parents aware of your child's progress on a daily basis. If you have more than one child, your login will allow access to each child’s profile and information.
To access your Skyward account, click on the link to the Skyward website from any West Valley School District website. If you have not previously used or requested your Family Access login, you can request a login or password reset at this link. You will receive an email within 24 hours. Please be sure to check your spam mail. If you have not registered an email address with the District, you will need to contact your school registrar. For a full list of Staff Registrars please visit our Staff Directory.
Skyward Family Access uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption as the security layer for data presented on the Web. This is the same encryption system used by sites that accept credit card numbers and other personal data that must be secure.
- When requesting a login, be sure to check your spam folder for responses if you don’t receive one within 24 hours.
- If nothing happens when you click the link from a WVSD website, check to make sure your computer does not have pop-ups blocked. A warning should alert you to this at the top of your screen.
- Be aware that Family Access will terminate if there is no activity on the site for 3-5 minutes as a security precaution. You will need to log back in.
- If you forget your login or password, you can request a new one from the login page. If your information changes, you can change your email address or password in the profile settings in the upper right-hand corner of Skyward.
- Skyward does not provide school transcripts. You must contact student records.
- For additional questions and troubleshooting please contact your school registrar.
For more information about using Skyward to schedule conferences or downloading the Skyward app, please check out our resource library.
Call in case of emergency.
Provides information to families and community as needed during special situations.
Notify school authorities about any information that will keep our schools safe, such as reported bullying. You may leave your name and number, or you may leave information anonymously. This line is monitored 24 hours a day.
Student, parents, or members of the community are encouraged to report any illegal activities happening at school, such as possession of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or weapons. To submit a tip regarding illegal activities at school, click here to fill out a form for Yakima County Crime Stoppers Association or download the app.
- You never need to give your name
- Pays up to $1,000 cash for information leading to arrest and filing of charges on any serious crime.
- This line is monitored 24 hours a day
- Call 509-248-9980 or 1-800-248-9980