Covid testing is now located at every School throughout the West Valley School District. Each building and the corresponding contact to each building school nurse is listed for your convenience.
Health Care Team Contact Info:
Alyssa Kidder, RN - IC Ext 3629
Katie Richards, CMA - Junior high - Ext. 3842
Tamra Fewkes, LPN - SV, Ext. 2416
(O) 509-972-5540, Ext. 2416
Stephanie Bendall, RN - HS Ext. 3911
Maria Irene Macias RN - CTW Ext 2257
Maribel Gutierrez CMA- Wide Hollow Ext 2511
LaVon Miller LPN MLC-Middle School Ext 3705
Daisy K Madrigal, LPN- MTV Ext 2347
Alison Campbell, RN - APV Ext 2114
Amy Hernandez, CNA – Ext 2015
WVSD COVID-19 Information
Updated September 1, 2022
The West Valley School District is continuing to serve our Families and Community as we face the challenges of COVID-19 together. Please use this webpage for general District updates and information surrounding COVID-19. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact your corresponding school or district administration.
With current guidelines from the Washington State Department of Health, please note the following:
- Masks are no longer required in certain circumstances.
- Students and staff are required to wear a mask in the health room/nurse’s office/isolation area.
- Distancing is no longer required.
- Masks are optional on school buses.
- Students/staff who test positive for COVID must isolate at home for 5 days from the start of symptoms. When they return to school after day 5, it is recommended to wear a mask during days 6-10.
- Students/staff who test positive for Covid on days 6-10, are required to complete the full 10 day isolation.
- Testing after day 10 is not recommended.
- No contact tracing is required.
- It is recommended that an exposed person be tested every 24-48 hours up to 10 days after exposure.
While masks are optional, each person’s choice will be respected and no harassment or bullying will be tolerated.
We appreciate your patience during this time of COVID-19 and we will continue to communicate accordingly as we navigate any updated state requirements.