We are here to support your family during distance learning. Our Family Learning Sessions will offer tools and strategies that will help family navigate a remote learning environment. We will be meeting weekly via zoom throughout the remainder of the school year. This is also an opportunity to give us feedback and ask any questions you may have. Please join us.
Join the meeting with the zoom link below.
To join the meeting contact with the link below.
DISTANCE LEARNING TIPS
Ideas and Activities for Time at Home
- Social Emotional Wellness. These blog posts feature important mental and emotional tools to help for children to develop. This includes handling stress, feelings, and different situations.
- Reading. These blog posts focus on ways to support your child as a reader.
- Math. These math-focused posts share ideas about how you can incorporate and strengthen your child's math skills in fun and creative ways.
- Art and Music. Along with the academics, it is super important to establish time for creative activities--especially during stressful times. Allow your child to move, create, and express themselves. These posts offer some ideas for amazing stress busters, too!
- "5 Ideas to Teach Children Creative Expression Through Dance"
- "10 Recommended Netflix Shows for Young Children"
- "Using Sensory Play to Support Brain Development"
- "3 Mindful Twists on Classic Games for Young Children"
- "10 Quick Brain Breaks to Increase Your Child's Focus"
- "12 Art Activities to Build Literacy Skills"
GOOGLE CLASSROOM - Resources
LAP / READING AND MATH SUPPORT
https://sites.google.com/wvsd208.org/lapk4/home LAP K-4 buildings (English)
https://sites.google.com/wvsd208.org/lapk4/inicio LAP K-4 buildings (Spanish)
https://sites.google.com/wvsd208.org/wvms-reading-math-intervention/home Middle Level
ROSETTA STONE - Access
West Valley School District is providing access to Rosetta Stone for all students.
Access the site by selecting the “Rosetta Stone” link in the WVSDStudents.org bookmarks. The username and password is the same as the student district email address and password. https://wvsd208wa.rosettastoneclassroom.com/en-US
Students enrolled in German classes have been assigned German. English Language Learner students have been assigned English. All other students have been assigned Spanish. If your student is a Language Lab user their Rosetta Stone account will have the same username and password used for Language Lab.
For assistance with your Rosetta Stone account please contact your teacher, secondary students please contact your advisory teacher.
ROSETTA STONE - Videos
Orientation Video for Learners in grades 3 - 12
A short video that helps students get logged in and using Rosetta Stone at home.
Orientation Video for Parents of Remote Learners
Video geared towards parents, letting them know how to support their learners at home, and what they'll be doing on Rosetta Stone:
Supplemental Educational Materials.
Information on all the resources available to teachers & some ideas on how to utilize them in a remote environment:
TRAUMA INFORMED RESOURCES