Child Nutrition » Free & Reduced Meal Application

Free & Reduced Meal Application


  • Paper Application: Sent to all households in the district on August 15th. Applications are available in your school office, the Child Nutrition Office, and in your school kitchen.
  • Online Application: to ensure applications are error-free and help reduce application approval time.
  • 30 Day Carryover: If you do not apply before October 9th, your status will default to paid status.
  • You may apply for free/reduced meals at any time during the school year.
  • You are responsible for all charges until the application is processed.
  • Return paper applications to the Child Nutrition office or have your student drop it off in the school kitchen.
  • Notice of Eligibility: A letter will be mailed to your home once the application is processed and eligibility has been determined. If you do not receive a letter within a week of submitting the application, please contact the Child Nutrition Office (509-972-6040)

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.